Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Ichi


When you download a game from a company that calls themselves 'Stolen Couch' and a game called 'Ichi' the first word that would come to my mind is 'Fumigate'. Luckily, this game has almost nothing to do with what the implied connotation. 

Though origin of it's name may be a mystery, the concept behind the game play takes me back to my junior high drafting class in a world that exists on a grid pattern and observes the basic principles of angle of entry equals angle of reflection. This statement ironically taking me back to junior high math class. I guess what I'm trying to say is that it takes the intelligence of an eighth grader to master this puzzle game. The kicker with my analogy is that you actually receive a letter grade for each level based on completion and number of taps that allow you to reorient the deflecting triangles on each stage.

Few of the levels are terribly tricky, though you may find yourself frustrated at both getting an 'A' grade and the speed at which you may have to turn a piece to prevent your little slamming ball from colliding with one of the squiggly lines that spell your doom. Heh, spelling, another part of my educational upbringing I don't miss much.

Recommendation: A nice puzzle game that allows you to stick it to your junior high math teacher that kept giving you C's because you couldn't remember the difference between sine and cosine. 





No comments:

Post a Comment